Exploring the Mayan Riviera
The Perfect Tulum Vacation Destination
The villas of Tankah Shores are centrally-located for day trips to nearly all attractions in the Yucatan area. You can easily enjoy the many ecological parks, Mayan ruins, scuba diving and snorkeling, cenotes, shopping, restaurants, golf, fishing, touring and nightlife the area has to offer – all located within driving distance of the villas.
Tulum in the News!
The world’s second longest virgin coral reef, 250 miles long, is located just off-shore and provides beautiful conditions for snorkeling and scuba diving. The villas have over 240 feet (combined) of private beach for relaxation, and the tranquil waves are perfect for family beach recreation. A unique subterranean river cenote is located just steps away from the villa for snorkeling enthusiasts. Scuba diving lessons and tours are available at several pristine locations nearby.
- TulumThe largest Mayan coastal ruins are located just 10 minutes south of Casa Playa Azul. Located on a cliff above the ocean, these ruins provide a stunning view of the turquoise Caribbean sea.
- CobaThese are newly discovered ruins just 40 minutes away inland, and the Nohoch Mul pyramid is the tallest structure in the the northern Yucatan.
- Chichen-ItzaThis is the best-known and largest Mayan site, known for the incredible castle that rises 98 steps to the heavens. Located 70 miles away, this is a must-see for all first-time visitors.
- AkumalAn attractive resort town 10 minutes to the North with good restaurants, boating and ocean fishing, and a well-known Dive Center and instruction.
- Tulum5 Minutes south – Enjoy the local culture of the nearest town, which has plenty of good restaurants, and shops for groceries and other necessities.
- Playa del CarmenAn excellent day trip, visit this high-energy city with lots of great restaurants, tourist activities and shopping. The pedestrian walk-way through the shopping area is great for people watching and exploring.
- CozumelAn amazing tropical island just a short ferry ride out of Playa del Carmen. Enjoy the electric blue waters famous for world-class diving and snorkeling, circumnavigate the island on a scooter, or browse the numerous shops and restaurants.
Eco-parks and Tours
- X’caretA large and diversified natural amusement park that’s a great day trip for couples and families. Snorkeling, aquariums, horseback riding, and water sports are but a few of the activities available.
- Xel-Ha Explore a Natural Wonder. The waters of Xel-Ha are a combination of salt water from the seas and fresh water from the underground rivers. This provides a habitat for a variety of fish, birds and other wild life. You can enjoy snorkeling, tubing, biking and just walking around this beautiful area.
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere ReserveLocated just south of Tulum, this rainforest has miles of virgin beaches and lagoons. Guided tours are available.